Wednesday, November 10, 2004

another pizza; more caesars

I'm on a pizza craze. I made the BBQ chicken pizza recipe last night. Turned out very well. The dough rose better (I added an additional 1/2 tsp yeast), but it still didn't rise very strong, even though I let my refrigerated yeast come to room temperature. Maybe the yeast is old (most likely the case).

I also make the CPK Caesar salad dressing recipe. To be honest, I'm not sure if it's the same as what they serve at CPK; I adapted it from the Caesar Salad Pizza recipe in the CPK cookbook.

The dressing was rather overwhelmingly garlicky, and could have used a bit more anchovy, in my opinion. I think the lack of anchovy flavor was due to the use of anchovy paste, which is really mild in flavor as opposed to canned (tinned) anchovies. The dressing also was rather oily, and not very "creamy". Perhaps it didn't emulsify correctly; I did make it in my mini-food processor, not my blender, like I usually do.

I have a Caesar dressing recipe from Wolfgang Puck that I'm rather fond of, as I believe it comes the closest to the creamy, garlicky recipes that I've tasted in various "nice" restaurants. I'll post it sometime soon. Meanwhile, I just enjoyed 2 pieces of my leftover Thai Chicken pizza for lunch. Yum!

No comments: