4 chicken thighs
2 cups buttermilk
2 tbsp spice rub (your choice; I used Wolfgang Puck's pork rub)
2 cups breadcrumbs (season with extra garlic powder, onion powder and other spices as desired)
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Soak chicken in buttermilk in plastic container overnight. Drain chicken, and place on paper towels. Dry off with towels to remove excell buttermilk.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, and spice rub
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Place a wire rack on baking sheet.
- Put breadcrumbs in separate container. Using tongs, dredge chicken in breadcrumbs, coating both sides, pressing down to adhere. Shake off excess, and place chicken on rack.
- Let chicken sit on rack for 2-3 minutes; no more, no less. This helps crumb adhesion.
- Place chicken on sheetpan+rack in the middle shelf of oven.
- Bake for 30-4o minutes, or until reaches 175 degrees F.
- Remove and let cool for 10 minutes, tented under foil.
Speaking of mashed potatoes, the mashers I made last week with yellow potatoes were great. The key was a dash of cream, a reasonable amount of butter, and enough milk to make it more runny than you think it should be...it will set up as it cools!