Makes 4 baguettes
500g flour (Anis uses T65 supposedly; this time, I will use 425g AP flour, 50g Caputo 00, and 25g whole wheat)
375g cool water
1/4 tsp instant yeast (about 0.8g, make it easy and round up to 1g)
10g kosher salt
- In KA stand mixer, add water, and flour.
- Mix for 1 min at lowest speed, scrape bowl, and rest for 20 min.
- Now add yeast and salt.
- Mix at speed #4 for 5 minutes.
- Fold every 20 minutes for 1hr (3x): leave dough in mixer, run mixer for 10 seconds at speed #1, just until dough almost completely gathers around the hook.
- Cover and refrigerate in mixing bowl for 21-23 hours. (This time, I will pull earlier because I have to bake by 3pm tomorrow; went in at 610pm on Sat).
- Divide right out of refrigerator and pre-shape.
- Rest for 45 min.
- Shape and place onto baguette pan.
- Preheat oven to 550F
- Proof for 45 minutes
- Bake at 550F for 2 min, reduce heat to 480F and bake for 18-20min.