However, that's not going to stop me from starting a turkey tonight. Insane deals, I bought a 19lb frozen bird from Ralph's for about $12, which I will roast off tonight.
Following my 2010 turkey recipe, I anticipate roasting time of about 3 hours.
Here are some changes from last year:
- Rosemary and 1/2 onion in cavity, no lemon
- No butter on outside of skin, only under skin; dry outside well and salt liberally
- Less butter under skin (only about 4 tbsp)
- Roast @ 500F for 30 min
- At about 25min of roasting, added 1c chicken stock and 1c white wine (Pinot Gris)
- Roast @ 350F for about 3 hours
Results to come...