Thursday, March 10, 2011

Chicken alfredo pizza

Finally, making a pizza tonight that I made for my lady sometime in late 2003 or early 2004, which I made with leftover garlic roasted chicken, which she really liked, but I never made for her again. I had actually made it while was away in wine school, and she hasn't let me live it down :) So here we go!

Alfredo Pizza Sauce

4 tbsp butter
1-2 tbsp garlic
1 c. heavy cream
1/4 c. milk
3/4 c. parmesan cheese, grated
1/4 c. diced mixed white melting cheese (such as 50/50 mozzarella + monterey jack)
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 pinch thyme
1 tiny pinch nutmeg
Salt and black pepper to taste

In small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and a bit of black pepper, and cook for 30 seconds. Add heavy cream and milk all at once. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat t low, add cheese all at once, and whisk continually. Add onion powder, thyme, and nutmeg. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.

Pizza toppings: diced cheese, alfredo sauce, cooked shredded or diced chicken, chopped garlic, black pepper, minced parsley

Hopefully she'll like it!

No comments: