Truffled Mushroom Risotto
Serves 10-12 as a side dish
1 box chicken stock
2 cups water
1 stick butter
1 onion, minced
2 cups arborio rice
1 cup dry white wine
1 lb cremini mushrooms, trimmed and cut into wedges
1/2 oz dried porcini mushrooms, carefully rinsed and minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
2 oz Parmesan cheese, grated
1 tsp Truffle oil
Fresh parsley, chopped
- In small pot, bring broth and water to boil
- In large pot over high heat, melt 2 tbsp butter and some salt. Cook until browned, about 8-10 minutes. Add garlic and thyme, cook 15 seconds, remove from pot and set aside.
- In the large pot, now melt butter 1/2 stick of butter. Add onion and dried porcinis, cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Stir rice into pot, cook about 3 minutes.
- Add wine and cook for 2 minutes
- Start adding broth + stirring, one ladle at a time, and cooking for about 17 minutes over high heat.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cremini mushrooms, Parmesan, and truffle oil. Adjust salt.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve immediately.