Makes 1 small CPK size pizza, perhaps 12-14".
1.5 c AP flour
1/4 c + 3 tbsp water
1/4 c active sourdough starter (I use my LBB starter)
1 tsp active yeast
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp salt
- Add all ingredients except salt to mixing bowl.
- Mix using dough hook for 2 min. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 20 min.
- NOW ADD SALT. Mix with dough hook for 8 minutes. Dough will be very soft and sticky.
- Place dough in oiled bowl covered with plastic wrap. Let rest for 2 hours at room temp. Dough will still be very soft and sticky.
- Refrigerate dough in bowl for 7 to 24 hours. (Went into fridge about 8:00pm or so).
- Remove dough 2 hours before baking.
- 30 minutes before baking, preheat oven to 500 degrees; make sure your pizza stone is in there.
- On a very well floured board, stretch dough into shape.
- Transfer dough to parchment paper on rimless baking sheet (or parchment on pizza peel)
- Add toppings and bake for 9-10 minutes, or until crust is browned as desired.
- Crust thickness (1=thin CPK, 3=normal PJ Dominos, 5=thick Chicago style): 1
- Crust rise (1=no bubbles/some bubbling/5=big bubbles everywhere) : 1
- Crust crunch (1=eiscafe soft, 5=cracker hard):2
- Crust chew (1=not chewy,5=very chewy): 3
- Crust texture hole size (1=small, 3=med, 5=large): 1
- Crust texture hole regularity (1=even, 3=a little irregular, 5=very irregular):1
- Crust browning: (1=pale/white, 3=browning, 5=chocolate brown): 2.5
- Dough was very wet in the mixer, very sticky
- I let it rise for 48 hours in the fridge; perhaps too long; it was pretty wet/sticky.
- When I stretched it, used too much flour; on the parchment, the flour on bottom didn't cook and so there was raw flour on the underside of the pizza