This recipe makes 4 large loaves.
6.5 cups AP flour
3 cups warm water
1.5 tbsp active dry yeast
1.5 tbsp kosher salt
- Stir until well combined in a big container (no need to knead!)
- Rise for 1-2 hours, covered
- Refrigerate overnight (or at least 3 hours)
- Preheat oven to 450
- Pinch off a piece (grapefruit size is good)
- Shape and let rise for 40 minutes
- Slash loaf
- Bake with steam for 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown
Use remaining dough within 2 weeks. Follow steps #4-8 when ready to bake.